Venue Manager - Theatre
We are seeking a Venue Manager to join the KOKO Live Music Team in producing some of the most innovative and ground breaking performances in the capital!
Based at KOKO, their working day will be geared towards preparation for forthcoming events to ensure the venue to ensure organisers specific needs are met, whilst leading the front of house and security teams in delivering exceptional service.
Reporting into the Assistant General Venue Manager, the Venue Manager is responsible for the smooth running of the venue, building and maintaining relationships with event promoters whilst devising and implementing operating procedures and ensuring the venue is compliant with all necessary H&S regulations – the ideal candidate will also be continually looking to improve themselves and our venue to suit the needs of an ever-changing industry and have a keen interest in venue management and live music.
Role and responsibilities
Operations & Events
- Oversee day to day operations, ensuring consistent delivery or shows and activations
- Support the Venue General Manager in executing strategic directives, and build a strong relationship with the wider operation to driving quality, consistency, and overall guest service and experience on all levels at all times
- Work closely with the Bar, Premium Experience, Tech and Events team to ensure a smooth operational execution of all events and
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Liaise with third party contractors and agencies as needed
- Liaising with venue and event managers to support event production
- Maintain stocks levels of equipment required to operate the venue and events
- Maintaining brand identity and ethos at all times.
- Complete all end of shift reports as required.
- Establishing and enforcing safety and quality control. Adhering to licencing and comply with current legislation
- Lead and inspire a large and professional team across multiple areas and floors.
- Be present, supportive and front-facing at peak service as the face of the business.
- Support recruitment, training and management of team to ensure consistency, and deliver service levels and standards which exceed expectations.
- Ensure staff are fully compliant with Health & Safety regulations and adhere to licencing objectives.
- Motivating and rewarding staff, guiding and disciplining where necessary and monitoring engagement and retention.
We’re seeking a confident and passionate manager candidate with experience in successful delivery of productions in a late night music venue, with the following key attributes:
- Demonstrated success in delivering high-level hospitality in a licensed venue
- Comprehensive knowledge of the industry and cultural landscape of London.
- Organised with attention to detail, with a result and solution focussed mindset
- Ability to problem-solve across a broad range of reactive issues with a positive attitude
- Calm and composed working in high energy and high expectation venues
- Strong IT proficiency and experience working in a live music venue with a knack for tech and production.
- Excellent communication skills in written & spoken English
- Commercially sharp, with strong numerical competence
- Personal Licence or BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders
- IOSH, NEBOSH or similar health and safety training
- Level 2 Award for working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this job posting